Now with 1000% less stress
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|Previous world||W2 Warpless|
- Try to spend as little time possible holding the reeds.
- Rolling on crocodiles is slightly different than on the ground. It takes practice to get the proper feel.
- At the beginning, jump over the Kutlass instead of killing him.
- At 0:07, roll over the gap between the platforms. This can be tricky to execute, as you need to roll close to the edge (Saves ~.25s).
- At 0:10, perform the Riz Roll. You need to learn when you can safely jump under the Kaboing, and when you have to jump from the water to avoid the reed and the Flitter (Saves ~.3s).
- At 0:28, three things happen:
- First, roll-jump from the croc to skip the one after it. Here again, you want to roll late (around its eyes).
- Second, the quick reed-jump over the bee. You have to be fast and not too low on the reed to avoid damage. The trick has been nicknamed the RPJump, as RPC is the only American player who is able to consistently land the jump without losing a Kong. (Saves ~.25s, coupled with the croc roll just before).
- Third, there is another roll-over-gap as soon as you land from the RPJump. Make sure to release Y, to not grab the barrel on the next platform (Saves ~.25s).
- At 0:45, roll-jump on the croc to skip the one after. This is the tightest croc-roll of the level, so make sure to roll late (Saves ~.3s).
- DBJump is tricky. In order for the croc to not eat your roll, you must hit him at the tip of his hitbox. Note that rolling too late from the ledge will just have you overshoot the croc completely (Saves ~.2s).
- Dodging the RPJump is a viable strat if you are inconsistent with it, as it is equally fast.
- Jumping to the brown croc in a single leap can save very minimal time.
- In the American version of the game, there are more bees in the final bee maze compared to the Japanese version which allows for faster navigation.
- Due to how late the warp is, most of the strategies for the stage is up to your discretion.
- The section after the 3 beetles where the wrong warp would usually happen can be a bit tricky, but it's important to hit the very end of the second dragonfly to get the optimal jump onto the platform with the chest.
Chain Link Chamber
- Video soon
- Essentially the 102% route without the bonuses and the DK coin.