Red-Hot Ride 102
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|World name||Crocodile Cauldron|
|Level name||Red-Hot Ride|
|Previous level||Lava Lagoon|
|Next level||Squawk's Shaft|
- 2 Visits: 6/10
- Optimal: 9/10
- Rhinos don't fly.
- The first jump onto the bees needs to be timed roughly when all of Rambi's legs are over the spot the barrel sits on.
- Perform a Rambi Double Jump just before the trail of smoke after the third set of bees.
- Standing on the left side of the balloon with Rambi will make it a lot easier to jump out of the charge.
- In the second bonus, do the first throw as the first star is collected, then do another throw as soon as possible. Avoid missing stars on the left side!
- The BigBoi to collect the DK Coin looks risky, but it will be easy to execute using the visual cues provided below. Getting the midpoint barrel is a good safety when starting out.
- Alternatively, you may opt to do the developer intended Super Safe DK Coin Grab, at the cost of 5s.
DK Coin BigBoi Tutorial
- Be holding right the entire time, but NOT up+right.
- Full jump after the balloon has passed those two bananas.
- Throw Dixie at the peak of the jump. Diddy should be mostly offscreen.
- Keep holding B after throwing.
- Repress and hold B when Diddy is over the tall pillar, as pictured.
- Throw Dixie again when over the 3rd tallest pillar, numbered 3 in the picture.
- Press start and select after collecting the DK Coin.
Super Safe DK Coin Grab
- Self explanatory.
Move your signpost, coming soon (tm)