Snow Barrel Blast
|Game||Donkey Kong Country|
|World name||Gorilla Glacier|
|Level name||Snow Barrel Blast|
|Previous level||Bumble B Rumble|
|Next level||Slipslide Ride|
- Optimal: 6/10
- 101%: 7/10
- Jumping past the DK barrel in the begin requires letting go of Y briefly as you land and repressing once you're airborne again. If you grab it, hold left as soon as possible or you'll likely slide into the pit and die.
- The barrel boost just requires you to be on a slope. You have to tap backwards slightly to make it into the barrel
- If you get the boost but miss a bird, it means you were turning around and jumped before you were fully facing forward, or just had low speed.
- You can make the entry into the shortcut barrel underneath the screen easier by rolling and jumping into the barrel above it and shooting down instead of falling down next to it.
- Rolling is generally the same speed on icy terrain.
Barrel Boost Backup
- You can roll into the barrel if you fail the boost, but you have to tap Y more than once or the roll won't register. You can also skip a barrel by bouncing on the bird correctly, but it risks death, making it not ideal for a backup.
- Rolling at :08 instead of jumping saves six frames if done correctly, but risks death.
- At :18 you can shoot the barrels so fast that you will hit the bee, although this is difficult. Just afterwards, it's possible to hit the Klap Trap if you jump too quickly after landing.
- Optimal barrel at :41 involves jumping directly into it from underneath. You have 6 frames to do this before reaching the death trigger.
- A basic extendo. Roll at the very edge of the first platform, then release Y, and after you hit the second vulture, roll at the edge of the other platform and jump to the barrel.
- It's a 101% strat, but used in All Stages. Basically the same as the last one, but after you hit the second vulture, repress Y right after you hit so you can roll through the third vulture.
- Rolling at :10 instead of jumping saves six frames if done correctly. If you just jump, let go of Y momentarily as you land (repress it as soon as you're in the air again) to avoid grabbing the barrel and sliding to your death.
- At :19 you can shoot the barrels so fast that you will hit the bee, just afterwards its possible to hit the klaptrap if your jump the first 1 or 2 frames after landing.
- The Barrel Boost just requires you to be on a slope. If you get the boost but miss a bird, it means you were turning around and jumped before you were fully facing forward.
- To make the extended roll at :44 you have to roll through all 3 birds, this may take some time to be consistent with. The video above explains it a bit.
- Under barrel at :57(failed in this video, check all stages) involves jumping directly into it from underneath, you have 6 frames to do this before reaching the death trigger, the best way to do this consistently is to use an audio cue from rolling threw the necky. Saves up to 21 frames.
- You can skip the last bonus after re-entering the stage, but it's off-screen, making it the most difficult one to time. If you hear the barrel shot sound after pausing, you got it.