From DKC Speedrunning
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|World name||K.Rool's Keep|
|Level name||Windy Well|
|Previous level||Arctic Abyss|
|Next level||Castle Crush|
- Safe: 2/10
- Optimal: 6/10
- Right at the start, roll late through the first beetle. Rolling too early can sometimes make you bounce off the 2nd beetle, leading to certain death.
- At 0:40 is the easiest skip in the level. All that is required is to jump off the hook and hold Up+Left. You can turn around a bit to be safe against the upcoming Green Kutlass, but even if you keep holding left, he should not hit you.
- At 0:55 is the biggest skip of the level. Simply land on the platform with the two bees and aim your jump so that you hit the top of the first one.
- If you did the team-up throw just before, you can get a superjump damage boost straight to the hook, as shown in the video.
- At 1:25, after the 3 bees, you need to balance how quickly you go to the left or you might fall to the platform below.
- At 0:14, jump off the hook and start holding right so that you slip through the hole between the ground and the bee. Mistiming this can make you hit the bee (too late) or even fall all the way down (too early).
- Immediately after, do a short hop over the bee to avoid getting caught in the wind. You can also glide if you are scared of hitting the bee, but it is slower.
- At 0:44, quickly hop up the platforms to avoid the hooks. Make sure to be on the far right of the platform.
- This method is still faster even if you cannot get the superjump damage boost to the hook.
- At 1:09 is Ghetto Bee Skip. While it is a bit of a tight squeeze, if you jump from about between the bananas and do the proper inputs you should be fine (Saves ~2s). Note that getting momentum before the jump is purely optional, and in fact slightly slower.