Difference between revisions of "Barrel Cannon Canyon"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
*No Major Skips:
*No Major Skips: /10
Latest revision as of 04:33, 8 June 2019
|Game||Donkey Kong Country|
|World name||Kongo Jungle|
|Level name||Barrel Cannon Canyon|
|Previous level||Coral Capers|
|Next level||Very Gnawty's Lair|
- Optimal: 3/10
- 101%: 4/10
- No Major Skips: 6.5/10
- You can jump on the tree with the Rambi token instead of rolling under the Rambi token to make it a little easier. There is no risk of grabbing three Rambi tokens.
- Holding Right+Y+B while being shot out of the barrel at :14 will make you go farther before you land.
- You have to do an extended roll to get through the entire line of four Kritters right after the halfway barrel. To time it easily, simply let go of Y after you roll into the second one and press and hold it again after you roll through the third.
- To quickly position yourself next to the barrel after the extendo, just tap left quickly to stop your momentum while staying in place.
- Hold down B for a full jump as soon as you land next to the barrel to make sure you get enough height to reach the tree.
- There is no extendo through the group of three Kremlings.
- You will need to move a little bit past the barrel before you land in it — as shown in the video — to spawn the barrels early and speed up the sequence.
No Major Skips
- There are 2 omega extendos in this stage that are tricky to perform.
- Omega 1: To roll through the krem around :09, you will want to press left briefly as you bounce on the krem after the barrel shot. You will roll through the first 2 krems while holding Y, do a quick left-right on the d-pad and roll through the 3rd krem while holding Y as well. For the 4th krem, you will want to have Y released as you roll through him and then tap Y before rolling through the 5th krem. Have Y released again while rolling through the 5th krem, then repress Y right before the ledge.
- The barrel section near midway is similar to 101%, where you need to spawn the barrel early so you don't have to wait for the cycle.
- Omega 2: At :44 you will want to run directly under the first krem to spawn the 3rd krem, then run backwards and roll through the first krem while holding Y. You will want to release and repress Y for both of the next 2 krems. The timing is tricky and takes practice!