|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|World name||Gloomy Gulch|
|Level name||Ghostly Grove|
|Previous level||King Zing Sting|
|Next level||Haunted Hall|
- Safe: 3/10
- Optimal: 5/10
- Avoid holding onto ropes for too long.
- This is a great level to practice different length of jumps and rolls.
- The jump at 0:17 can be tricky. Here's a good visual cue. Not rolling makes this visual cue more viable. Timing may differ depending on varying amounts of input lag.
- At 0:44, rolling through both Klampons can result in losing Diddy, if you start your roll too early.
- Sometimes, the rope after the two Spiny will spawn slightly later or coming in too fast won't allow you to grab onto it. To prevent this, jump right after killing the second Spiny, cutting the roll short.
- At 0:49, a despawn of the Kloak is performed. It is done by simply spawning him, then getting him off screen again.
- This route takes damage with Dixie at the beginning instead of swapping. Grabbing the DK barrel in Haunted Hall won't lose any extra time because you leave the first cart of the level quicker with 1 Kong.
- At 0:15, roll under the rope instead of grabbing onto it (Saves ~.15s).
- At 0:28, roll under the rope instead of grabbing onto it (Saves ~.15s).
- Do not despawn the Kloak at the end. Instead, roll under the rope and grab it from the back.
- At 0:52, clip the last rope by grabbing it as high as possible while preemptively holding Down + Right.
- Klosty Grove is a tighter rope skip than the others (Saves ~.15s).
- Grab the rope under the Kloak from the front instead of the back. This is easy to execute, but you can randomly clip the rope which results in a death (Saves ~.15s).
- Crotch goal requires you to land just before the goal, then roll off the edge and back onto the goal (Saves ~.2s). Ideally, you would set it up using the rope clip shown in the Optimal tape (this more strats tape is a little outdated).