Difference between revisions of "Slipslide Ride"
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
*from a standstill is running
*At :29jumping over the klaptraps them so they aren't in your way. , it is .
*At 1:07jump so that the kremlings spawn later and are in a spot to roll , you are likely to get hit.
*bonus skipat time
Revision as of 23:03, 27 February 2018
|Game||Donkey Kong Country|
|World name||Gorilla Glacier|
|Level name||Slipslide Ride|
|Previous level||Snow Barrel Blast|
|Next level||Ice Age Alley|
- Optimal: 4/10
- JoeRopes: 3352/10
- 101%: 5/10
- Spawn the first Kremling as soon as possible and bounce off him at the peak of his fifth jump. You can opt for the sixth jump to be safer.
- Scaling the final rope quickly is really tough. Make sure you keep holding left until you're all the way off the rope. Practice lots and don't get discouraged.
- You can also jump between the two ropes, but it's significantly slower.
- To get into the warp barrel with Diddy, you must jump onto a ledge above the screen. To get above the screen, hold down as you jump up and keep it pressed. To jump off, rotate to down left and hop off. Releasing down at any point will push you back onto the screen immediately. Mash Y before the platform to roll immediately.
- To skip the first rope, roll from the middle of the platform and do a very quick right-left when you're at the same height as the bee. You only need to press right for three frames to dodge the bee, so make it as quick as possible. A slower skip doesn't save any time at all.
- Due to the ice physics, jumping from a standstill is the fastest way to reach full running speed.
- At :29, jumping over the klaptraps despawns them so they aren't in your way. However, done a certain way, it is possible to accidentally despawn the ropes leading to the next bonus as well. Follow this part of the video carefully.
- At 1:07, jump so that the kremlings spawn later and are in a favorable spot to roll through. Otherwise, you are likely to get hit.
- Be careful with this bonus skip, as there isn't a known 100% consistent visual cue at this time