From DKC Speedrunning
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|World name||K.Rool's Keep|
|Level name||Toxic Tower|
|Previous level||Chain Link Chamber|
|Next level||Stronghold Showdown|
- Safe: 5/10
- Optimal: 12/10
- Juice: 8/10
- Only a couple damage boosts and that's it. Be careful not to die to the bee at 0:46, as you only have 1 Kong.
- Instant Platforms
- Perform two Omega Double Jumps in succession as soon as you are Rattly.
- At 0:18 is an Omega Double Jump. It is the TDJ that saves the most time in the level, as you skip going to the left entirely.
- At 0:25 is a True Double Jump (Saves ~.2s over SHDJ).
- At 0:30 is another Omega TDJ. Make sure to time it right so you don't die to the bee (Saves ~.2s over SHDJ).
- At 0:50, damage boost through the bee instead of taking the secret path.
- At 0:54, fly past the bee instead of waiting for its cycle. This is dangerous if you are not confident in your movement, as you should only have 1 Kong.
- At 0:56, the camera is manipulated by facing right and spitting a nut as you begin to hold left, allowing a more optimal skip of the next 2 bees.
- At 1:06, keep your momentum while killing the first 2 bees. This allows you to fly over the final 2 bees of the stage.
- Finally, only use 3 webs for the Squitter section.
- This is a great route to learn this level, as it only uses Short Hop Double Jumps.
- At 0:27, you need a perfect SHDJ to reach the barrel.
- Note that the final SHDJ to reach the Squawks barrel is slower than taking the automatic barrel.
- The 2 jumps after the Rattly barrel are used for the Rattly moonwalk (shoutouts to thejuuuice). It makes the second Kaboing spawn in such a way that allows you to bounce onto him, to the above platform.
- At 0:20 is an Omega Double Jump. It is the TDJ that saves the most time in the level, as you skip going to the left entirely.
- At 0:28 is a True Double Jump (Saves ~.2s over SHDJ).
- At 0:34 is another Omega TDJ. Make sure to time it right so you don't die to the bee (Saves ~.2s over SHDJ).
- Only two jumps are added over the previous Rattly route, and they are right at the beginning.
- Perform two Omega Double Jumps in succession as soon as you are Rattly (Saves ~.3s over DBJ TDJs route).
- You will need to hit the wall to allow Rattly to do the first one.