Difference between revisions of "Elevator Antics"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
*No Major Skips: 10.5/10
*No Major Skips: 10.5/10
Latest revision as of 05:31, 8 June 2019
|Game||Donkey Kong Country|
|World name||Kremkroc Industries|
|Level name||Elevator Antics|
|Previous level||Trick Track Trek|
|Next level||Poison Pond|
- Safe: 6/10
- Optimal: 10/10
- SJR: 10/10
- 101%: 10/10
- No Major Skips: 10.5/10
Newbie Strat (Super Jump)
- For this to be possible, you need to grab a DK barrel in a previous stage.
- You MUST get the crawlspace skip with DK for this to work
- This Super Jump is risky. If you release B too early, you will get stuck in the wall and have to reset. Practice so that you are very familiar with the timing.
- This route avoid some tough jumps and the elevator manip. The manip is easier than the other stuff, though, so it's worthwhile to consider learning that as well.
- For details about other specific sections, see the optimal route notes.
- The jump over the Necky nut at :09 requires the crawl space zip, and landing on the rope at a good height after the zip. The jumps up the rope don't have to be perfect, but you need to do them.
- At :13, the jump into the crawlspace to bounce on the snake is tight. If you time it too early you will jump in and die to the snake, so jump as late as possible.
- The roll at :31 through the Necky is tricky. You run briefly without holding Y, so use that to avoid grabbing the steel keg. If you jump too early and you will hit the ceiling and land on the nut and die. Try timing it later, and make sure to hold b until you land on the ground again. If you jump too late (while holding B), you will bounce on the Necky and land on the platform above, losing very little time. You can take this strat safely by jumping later and wiggling in the air, losing minimal time.
- At :37, you are rolling forward to spawn the elevators so that when you jump back, you can land on them. If you miss this, you have to wait a while.
- At :43, land on the mini Necky as far left as possible and don't hold B. Roll immediately after landing on the platform. If your roll dies after rolling off the platform, you either bounced too far to the right on the Necky, or held B while bouncing on him.
- In the very next section, follow the movement closely. This manipulates the spawning of the last elevator to save two seconds. The positioning is pretty lenient.
- Going for this SJR requires you to have done the damageless setup for the Oil Drum Alley SJR
- This stage is exactly the same as all stages until the very end, plus re-entering the stage for the bonus at the start. Just watch the end of this video for how to enter the bonuses optimally and refer to the all stages videos and notes to tackle the rest of the level.
No Major Skips
- The only difference from All Stages is that rather than taking the bonus halfway through, you play the stage normally.
- Make sure to roll at the very edge of the gap between the 2 crawlspaces (over the bee) so you don't fall down or lose speed.