From DKC Speedrunning
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|World name||Gloomy Gulch|
|Level name||Haunted Hall|
|Previous level||Ghostly Grove|
|Next level||Gusty Glade|
- Optimal: 4/10
- Optimal Alternative: Albert Einstein/10
- Jump up all upwards slopes, no matter the size.
- Jumping down small slopes will lose you time, only aim to jump down large slopes.
- Jumping on flat ground loses time, with some exceptions.
- Jumping into the transition doors also saves minimal frames. Aim as high as you can.
- These may not feel like much, but an optimal Haunted Hall route can save up to 3-4 seconds compared to a casual route.
- Jumping over the bees at 1:14 can be tricky. You have to get really close to its hitbox (note that there is one bee in the J version).
Optimal Alternative (TAS Route)
- Carefully follow precisely where the video jumps and the size of these jumps. Failing to do so will cause you to lose time instead of save.
- Nearly every jump has a visual cue at a railroad tie or wooden post (or shortly after one, in a few cases).
- This route is difficult to learn/memorize, but saves ~0.7 over Djeez's optimal route above.
- Note that this could be ~0.1 faster on J where there would be a single bee at 1:15 instead of two.