From DKC Speedrunning
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|World name||Gloomy Gulch|
|Level name||Haunted Hall|
|Previous level||Ghostly Grove|
|Next level||Gusty Glade|
- Optimal: Tupac Shakur/10
- Optimal Alternative: Albert Einstein/10
- Jump up all upwards slopes, no matter the size.
- Jumping down small slopes will lose you time. Aim to jump down large slopes only.
- Jumping on flat ground loses time, with some exceptions.
- Jumping into the transition doors also saves minimal frames. Aim as high as you can.
- These may not feel like much, but an optimal Haunted Hall route can save up to 4-5 seconds compared to a casual route.
- Jumping over the bees at 1:14 can be tricky. You have to get really close to their hitboxes (note that there is only one bee in the J version).
- Precisely follow where the video jumps and the size of these jumps. Failing to do so will cause you to lose time instead of save.
- Nearly every jump has a visual cue at a railroad tie or wooden post (or shortly after one, in a few cases).
- See the Optimal Alternative Map bellow for precise visual cues and jump heights.
- This route is difficult to learn/memorize, but saves ~0.5 compared to Djeez's optimal route above.
Map of Optimal Alternative
- Imgur Album.
- Jump when the teeth of your cart touch the line.
- Note that all consecutive jumps are buffered.
- White = A small jump is more optimal, but you should probably do a slightly larger jump for safety.
- Green = Smallest possible jump.
- Orange = Medium jump. It's on the larger side of medium, though (hard to explain).
- Red = Largest possible jump.
- For the jump down the 1st large slope, prioritize doing the earliest possible jump rather than grabbing the 1st [+] barrel. Grabbing the 2nd [+] barrel only loses half a frame's worth of distance.
- Minor Correction: The 4th gap jump should be initiated as late as possible.
- Minor Corrections: The 1st, 4th, and 5th gap jumps should be initiated as late as possible.