From DKC Speedrunning
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|World name||Gloomy Gulch|
|Level name||Ghostly Grove|
|Previous level||King Zing Sting|
|Next level||Haunted Hall|
- Safe: 3/10
- Optimal: 5/10
- Avoid holding onto ropes for too long.
- This is a great level to practice different length of jumps and rolls.
- The jump at 0:17 can be tricky. Here's a good visual cue. Not rolling makes the visual cue more viable, and the jump a bit easier. Timing may differ depending on varying amounts of input lag.
- At 0:44, rolling through both Klampons can result in losing Diddy, if you start your roll too early.
- Sometimes, the rope after the two Spiny will spawn slightly later or coming in too fast won't allow you to grab onto it. To prevent this, jump right after killing the second Spiny, cutting the roll short.
- At 0:49, a despawn of the Kloak is performed. It is done by simply spawning him, then getting him off screen again.
- At 0:17, roll under the rope instead of grabbing onto it (Saves ~.15s).
- At 0:26, not letting go of the D-pad for this jump is a little tight of a window, but it saves time.
- At 0:30, roll under the rope instead of grabbing onto it (Saves ~.15s).
- Do not despawn the Kloak at the end. Instead, roll under the rope and grab it from the right.
- A team-up goal is performed at the end.
- 5-1 Jump #1 is a tighter rope skip than the others (Saves ~.15s).
- 5-1 Jump #2 does not save any time, but is worth a lot of swag points. Therefore, it should be attempted at all times in race situations.
- Grab the rope under the Kloak from the front instead of looping around to grab it from the back.
- Crotch goal requires you to land just before the goal, then roll off the edge and back onto the goal (Saves ~.2s).
- Getting a very optimal team-up goal saves about the same amount of time as crotch goal.