|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|World name||Gloomy Gulch|
|Level name||Ghostly Grove|
|Previous level||Web Woods|
|Next level||Arctic Abyss|
- Safe: 2/10
- Optimal: 7/10
- Every barrel spawn is random, so seconds can be lost on RNG in this fight. Mid Right Right is the best possible luck.
- The 2nd round is the most important in terms of RNG, since getting the infamous Left spawn is much slower.
- Standing at the higher platform for the fanfare saves ~2 frames over the lower platform. Save the frames!
Mid Mid Right
- The most optimal luck is Mid Right Right. This video focuses on movement.
- Reaching the rope at 0:18 can be difficult. If you start your jump from the middle of the platform, you want to begin holding Left at the same time as you jump (or a couple frames afterwards). The further left on the platform you are, the longer you need to go neutral before holding Left.
- The 2nd set of ropes can be tough to navigate quickly without getting hit. Find a comfortable way if you struggle doing Riz Ropes.
- If executed perfectly, Claude and V0oid ropes are the same speed as the ropes shown in the Optimal tape above, but they are much more difficult.
- The Quick Left spawn methods are a bit risky, but you avoid waiting for the bird after grabbing the barrel.
- For #1, hesitate a split second before jumping on the bird so you don't lose Diddy.
- Alternative version of optimal ropes strats seen above.
- It's more forgiving since you can do a longer jump near the DKC barrel if you are unsure about your setup. Click here for an example.
Left Left Mid
- See MORE STRATS for quick left spawn strats with the 2nd phase.
Left Mid Left
Right Right Right