From DKC Speedrunning
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|World name||Gloomy Gulch|
|Level name||Ghostly Grove|
|Previous level||Web Woods|
|Next level||Arctic Abyss|
- Safe: 2/10
- Optimal: 5/10
- Every barrel spawn is random, so seconds can be lost on RNG in this fight.
- The 2nd round is the most important in terms of RNG, since getting the infamous Left spawn is much slower.
- Standing at the higher platform for the fanfare saves ~2 frames over the lower platform. Save the frames!
OptimalLeft Left Mid
- The 2nd set of ropes can be tough to navigate quickly without getting hit. Find a comfortable way if you struggle doing Riz Ropes.
- This method is faster if you can do Kipples ropes well (alternating from left to right every jump), or simply can climb well from the left.
- The Quick Left spawn methods are a bit risky, but you avoid waiting for the bird after grabbing the barrel.
- For #1, hesitate a split second before jumping on the bird so you don't lose Diddy.
1st Phase Quick Kill
- Instead of jumping on the ghost mini-necky into the real one, you can jump directly left to hit the real one. (Saves .05)
- A good visual cue for this is start your roll jump when you see the ghost mini-necky move his head (before he dives forward).
Left Mid Left
Right Right Right