Mine Cart Carnage
|Game||Donkey Kong Country|
|World name||Monkey Mines|
|Level name||Mine Cart Carnage|
|Previous level||Winky's Walkway|
|Next level||Bouncy Bonanza|
- Optimal: 1/10
- No Major Skips: 6/10
- To get the roll at the start, tap Y (don't hold) as soon as you gain control of Diddy, then repress very quickly after jumping, when Diddy is off the ground.
- Alternatively, an easier method is to grab the barrel and jump with it.
- There is quite a bit of variance in how much time you save in the mine cart section of this stage, depending on how you do it. Optimally, you want to buffer a full jump before landing in the cart, then buffer 3 min jumps afterwards. After these jumps, ride the cart until you begin to near the Krash at the end. You then want to do a min jump such that you land right in front of him, buffer a mid jump over the Krash, then buffer 4 more min jumps afterwards.
- If you're too close to the exit of the stage while attempting a min jump, the game will automatically make you do a higher jump, sometimes resulting in time loss. If you are close to the exit by the time you are about to start your final min jump, just opt not to do a 4th jump.
- It is unknown whether or not holding left before landing in the mine cart saves any time. If it does save time, it's very minimal (less than 5 frames).
No Major Skips
- A lot of time save comes from buffered jumps.
- Try to copy the jumps in the video as closely as you can. Some of the jumps have to be in pretty specific spots while others do not.
- Learning the jumps will save you a lot more time than you think, don't be lazy and learn this shit!!
- The roll at the start only saves ~2 frames.