|Game||Donkey Kong Country|
|World name||Vine Valley|
|Level name||Temple Tempest|
|Previous level||Forest Frenzy|
|Next level||Orang-utan Gang|
- Safe: 3/10
- Optimal: 7/10
- 101%: 5/10
Safe (with Expresso)
- Expresso is very straightforward. Jump in the right places and mash B at a steady rhythm in the air to flap.
- The first bonus is bugged, and may lock you out or even warp you to 1-1 if you roll very late or get hit by the first Necky. It's very easy to avoid, though. Just make sure to roll as soon as possible.
- You want to jump before the last Necky to quickly land on the Expresso crate. There are 9 total, so you can count the hits and jump after 8 of them.
- All the extended rolls are basically mandatory for this route, so the Expresso one is recommended until you feel comfortable with them.
- You don't have to wait for vertical ropes to come to a complete stop to jump off of them. You can jump off as soon as they start to slow down.
- You can squeeze a roll in at :17, but it's a bit scary.
- At :26, it is the same speed to roll through 2 Kremlings instead of 3. Rolling through three risks dying to the Millstone Gnawty
- The roll over the bee at :32 isn't hard, but risky, and has the chance of causing your roll to drop when you try to roll under the next rope.
- Rolling and jumping off the tire at :35 is faster then bouncing. To do so, roll right before reaching the tire and jump right after touching it.
- The (double) extended roll is very difficult. You can tell whether you will safely make it over the gap by watching the tire. If you roll on top of it, you'll make it across. If you go through it, you'll have to jump. Keep an eye on the tire so you can react as soon as possible, or just jump every time if you aren't comfortable.
- Skipping the rope at the start and end of the stage is exceedingly difficult. Top-level runners typically don't go for it. You can set it up in a way that is safe on failure, as there is a barrel on the right side in the pit, but doing so is quite slower.
EXTENDO TUTORIAL (NORMAL SPEED & HALF SPEED)
- Watch at 0:02 Kappa b
- Check visual cues for more info
- See the notes about the Expresso bonus under the Safe Route section of All Stages.
- It is possible to get locked out of the first bonus and glitch warp in both of them. See the videos below for details on how to avoid this:
- I don't know the specifics on why this happens, but if you run into the bird, Diddy gets hit as if you have the split up glitch. If you get hit with donkey, or fall into the pit, you will wrong warp to 1-1. I was only able to start-select out of 1-1 because this is on a completed file.
- If you do manage to get hit, don't fret! just wait a few seconds with Donkey and the warp will kick you out into the stage, which is still a big time loss, but not as bad as warping to 1-1, which essentially kills the run.
- This wrong warp is much rarer. To avoid it, run a little ways into the bonus before rolling into the Klap Trap. Rolling immediately is how you can get Diddy in that frozen state.
- If i was to get hit again as donkey, i would have wrong warped to 1-1 with Expresso. Instead, the video shows what happens if you avoid the second hit.
- Again, getting sent to 1-1 is pretty much run over.